Trafalgar Square - Miss Alice

Question of the week: What's one of your favourite things about the Trafalgar Square area?


"Trafalar Square is so often responsible for those little moments of 'I do so love this city!' - there's always something going on, officially or otherwise. (I'm actually surprised that I only have 75 shots in my Trafalgar Square collection - clearly I've been slacking on my photo taking!)

Whatever's going on, though, you can be sure that Trafalgar Square will offer you great opportunities for people watching, which is one of my favourite things about the place - there's a coffee shop built into balustrade under the statue of George IV in the north-east corner of the square, which you might not notice if you usually come into the square from the National Gallery side.

In this weather, you'll want a nice hot cup of something to wrap your hands around as you sit at one of their tables to start observing the other people - the tourists, the school groups, the busy commuters, the performance artists, roller skaters, street dancers, and enthusiastic toddlers - all the weird and wonderful juxtapositions of London's streets collected together in London's living room!"
- Miss Alice

* Photo by Chris J, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment