London this summer

"Here's another this summer one - the World Cup!

It doesn't happen every summer, but this summer London will be gripped by World Cup fever. How do I know? Every country that has a team in the final rounds in South Africa will have a greater or lesser degree of this disease, and the England team has a lot of fans!

I'm not particularity interested in football (I'm an American girl...), but even I love the World Cup. I love how it seems that the whole country is united behind one thing, and it's really neat when you hear whole streets erupt in cheers when England scores a goal.

If you're here while the World Cup is on, try to go to at least one game in a pub or other public setting. The atmosphere is wonderful, especially if England wins!"
- Kris

* Photo by CharlesFred, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment