London Music - Miss Alice

Question of the week:Do you have a favourite London musician, band, composer, or piece of music?

"I have to stop asking 'do you have a favourite' questions that are impossible to answer - just one musician, band, or piece of music? You realise I read Paul Du Noyer's book and kept arguing with him in my head about what he'd left out?

London bands - check out The Holloways and The King Blues if you get a chance - I've never seen a bad King Blues gig, no matter the venue - but if I had to pick just one song? London Calling by The Clash - quite apart from everything else, I'll never forget dancing to that, surrounded by friends in Kings Cross, 36 hours after the 7/7 bombings."- Miss Alice

* Photo by Image Munky, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment