London-y things this week - Miss Alice

Question of the week: What's the most London-y thing you've done in the last week

"I took advantage of an unavoidable early start this morning and the glorious weather to take a different route into work. Rather than taking the tube, I took the train to Fenchurch Street, on the east edge of the City, and walked the rest, leaving my usual river-side route in favour of exploring some different City roads and lanes. I stopped off at London's Mithraeum (currently surrounded on three sides by building site), nodded to the London Stone, grabbed a coffee inside the and appreciated the view of St Paul's, framed by the buildings of Watling Street instead of the soaring bridge struts of my more usual approach, and picked up a coffee at One New Change, although I didn't have time to go up to the roof terrace to enjoy the views from there.

A tiny bit 'touristy', maybe, but changing the angle, even if just by a few streets, is a wonderful thing to refresh how you see somewhere. Even though my phone was low on battery so I don't have photos, I spotted dozens of details and angles and people and moments during my morning's walk, and reminded myself how much I love this place and why."- Miss Alice

* Photo by RachelH, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment