London Calling

Question of the week: When traveling outside the UK, what do you miss about London the most?

"I spend a lot of time on the Southbank and love the way that you always stumble across an unexpected street performance, fair or festival. There is always such a sense of vibrancy, creativity and movement. So, when I travel I miss being able to wonder out of my front door into such a dynamic space. Of course there are many places you can visit that are full of creative activity around the world but the Southbank has something very special. More generally, I miss the cultural diversity of London, which is often made so accesible through food, exhibitions, markets, festivals and events.

I have also found I miss the coffee - once you have tasted Monmouth Coffee in Covent Garden, it is hard to find a match elsewhere!"- Heather

* Photo by swh, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment