So Much To See...

Question of the week: “What London event are you most looking forward to in the next four months?”

"So many things! The current Saddlers Wells season is packed with dance productions I’m really excited about with a handful of my favourite dancers and companies coming through (20% off when you buy tickets to 2 shows helps), and I need to find time to head over to New Bond Street to catch the Dale Chihuly exhibition at the Halcyon Gallery.

Looking longer-term, I’m very taken with the idea of the Globe to Globe festival, which starts in April – all Shakespeare’s plays over six weeks, each in a different language from a company from different countries. I’m really tempted by the idea of watching a play I know in a language I don’t - Richard III in Mandarin Chinese or The Merchant of Venice in Hebrew, for example. The hip hop Othello is pretty tempting, as well.

[I’m a little conflicted about recommending this one, not least because the ticket price is eye-watering, but if you hadn’t heard, Warner Bros are selling tickets now for tours of the Harry Potter studios, which will open at the end of March]"- Miss Alice

* Photo by kelsey_lovefusionphoto's buddy icon kelsey_lovefusionphoto, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment