What to do...again

Question of the week: If you only had two weeks left in London, what would you make sure to visit or see again?

"That’s a tough one, because it all depends on where you’ve already been, and what’s important to you… Personally, I’d be trying to squeeze in as much as possible – dinner in places that do good food *and* have something unique about them, studying at the Bishopsgate Institute or The British Museum, going to one of the lidos or up to Hampstead Heath to swim instead of a regular gym visit. I’d want to prioritize things that are very London specific – gigs and readings and events as well as historic sites and beautiful buildings – and if you can score some more double-value things at the same time, grab them with both hands – head up to Rough Trade East and explore Brick Lane and Spitalsfield Market.

I’d also put a premium on enjoying my regular locals before I had to leave – I’d probably spend my last day in London having lunch and tea at my local cafes, a final pilgrimage to Foyles and the British Museum, walk the familiar route down the river to Tower Hill, and hop on the DLR so I could admire the views on my way to Pudding Mill Lane for a final glimpse of the Olympic Park, and then walk home talking lots of photos of those very ordinary details that you tend not think about! "- Miss Alice

* Photo by J. A. Alcaide, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

1 comment: