Summer freebies - Kris

Question of the week: Do you have a summer freebie to recommend?

"Is it cheating to say "Treasures of Heaven" at the British Museum, which I'm really looking forward to.

Whether you can picture it or not, I had an academic life before becoming a Rector. My field was Medieval history and archaeology, and it is a subject that I still love and keep abreast of. Because of this (and the fact that I like pretty things), I'm really excited about the British Museum's newest exhibition (opening next Thursday, the 23rd) 'Treasures of Heaven'.

Along with the exhibition, there will be events and talks with a medieval theme. And, as always, it's a really good excuse to just wander around the British Museum. Check out the website, and you may find that something sparks your interest - whether you know anything about the Middle Ages or not! Wandering through the museum is free, as are many of the events, even if the exhibition isn't.

* Photo by bsit, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment