summer in London - Kris

Question of the week: What does summer in London mean to you?

"I know that this is a really trite answer, but one of my favourite things about summer in London is Wimbledon. I've never seen a match live, only on TV (which means that I could be anywhere, I know!), but the feeling that it's so close, and that I could head out and see the actual matches makes it special.

If you have time and desire, head down to Southfields on the District Line and take the pleasant walk to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. You may be able to see some great tennis, and you're sure to get a feeling of the atmosphere even if you can't. (And if anyone finds out where they hold the Wimbledon Croquet Championships, do pass the word along - it has to be easier to get tickets for that!)"- Kris

* Photo by bamberry, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment