Architecture in London

Question of the week: London houses diverse and interesting architecture in every corner. In your opinion, which London building is most beautiful and why?

"I’m not sure I can pick just one, which is why events like London’s Open House weekend are such a treat for me – so many buildings to visit!

For historic architecture, maybe St Paul’s, which is stunning inside and out, from almost every angle. For modern architecture? I do have a certain fondness for the Gerkin – 30 St Mary Axe to give it its proper name. I’ve never been inside, but you catch glimpses of it from all over London, and it always seems to improve the view. For a blend of old and new? The Great Court at the British Museum."- Miss Alice

* Photo by Keven Law, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment