London Getaway

Question of the week: London is a big, bustling city full of small, peaceful surprises. Where is your favourite London getaway?

"It’s not exactly small, but my favourite moving meditation in London is to walk the Thames path – even on busy days and even in the centre of the city, it’s not uncommon for me to have a good stretch of path – or beach – to myself, and walking by the water is my great escape from the stresses of London. If you take the South Bank path upriver, past the Houses of Parliament, you’ll find yourself in Battersea Park – the pagoda there is a beautiful place to sit and breathe. The Chelsea Physic Garden, just across the river, is a smaller gem, but beautiful and peaceful with it."- Miss Alice

* Photo by a shadow of my future self, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment