House or Museum?

Question of the week: Can you suggest a house-turned-museum based in London?

"Top of my list to visit is Two Temple Place. It’s just down the road, looks absolutely stunning, and I’ve never been there – because it only opened to the public this past weekend!

It used to be William Waldorf Astor’s London home, and the building itself is ornate, luxurious, and beautiful. It’s now going to host exhibitions of world-class art from regional British collections, and they begin with an exhibition on east-London arts and crafts star William Morris. Which makes this a two-for-one. The William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow is lending the art and objects for this exhibition as they’re currently closed for refurbishment, and they are also one of my favourite houses-turned-museums: William Morris’ own.

I know I’ll be paying this house a visit as soon as I get back to London – if you beat me to it, let me know what you thought. "- Miss Alice

* Photo by ramseyarnaoot, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment