London on screen - Dr Holt

Question of the week: Do you have a favourite London-oriented film or tv show?

"My top London movies include London as a recognizable albeit bespoke character, and because I adore London, I will endure even a somewhat cheesey film if the London-character is well-played.

Two of my favourites depict a London "then"-- Shakespeare in Love and the Madness of King George. These others depict a London "now"-ish (often with the accent on the "-ish") -- Truly, Madly, Deeply; Sliding Doors; Four Weddings and a Funeral; and Notting Hill."
- Dr Holt

NB, to our students - all of these are available to borrow from the LUP Library, free of charge, (except Truly Madly Deeply, I'm afraid, which is bizarrely expensive) - Miss Alice

* Photo by Alex Brown, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment