European desired destinations - Kris

Question of the week: Is there a trip somewhere in Europe that you'd love to take but haven't yet?

"When my husband and I wonder where we should go on our next trip, one of the best ways we've found to choose somewhere is to head to one of the places where my great-grandparents left to head to the US. This has led us to places as diverse as Hungary and Much Wenlock in Shropshire. One place we haven't gotten to yet is Sweden - we don't know where in Sweden my great-grandmother Christina came from, so it's kind of an open book.

We've looked at Stockholm, Gothenburg, and my husband would like to see the Northern Lights. Me, I would like to see some of the Viking sites like Birka or the artifacts in the Stockholm museum.

So, try looking into your family history - you may find some interesting places you might want to visit."- Kris

* Photo by karstenkneese's buddy icon
karstenkneese
, used under Creative Commons, with thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment