Favourite guide books? - Miss Alice

We're back from break, a little late back to the blog, and as travel is on everybody's mind, the question of the week is: Do you have a favourite type or line of guidebooks?

"When I'm planning a trip - or just dreaming of a destination - paging through one of the DK Eyewitness guides is always a visual treat, but to take with me when I travel? I'm a big fan of the Knopp/Everyman Mapguides, which are small enough to keep with you, and which give you just the key information area by area, with good clear maps, which is never a bad thing when you're as geographically challenged as I am!

I also like to try and find a couple of novels set in my destination, preferably by authors who live there, which often leads me to out of the way corners, or a particular local delicacy I might have missed otherwise. bibliotravel.com can be a great source for finding those."- Miss Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment